[CCWG-ACCT] Accountability questions to law firms

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:26:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Pedro Ivo Ferraz da Silva <
pedro.ivo at itamaraty.gov.br> wrote:

> ·         The fact that the "board bears ultimate responsibility for
> corporate decisions and must provide oversight of the exercise of those
> powers it has delegated" (Sidley Austin LLP, Initial Discussion Draft 1, p.
> 3) implies that the board may eventually revert a community veto (member or
> designator structure) over its own decision or over the budget it has
> originally approved?

Will pick the question above to posit a practical scenario which i hope
could also address prior questions raised:

Scenario: Assuming there is a measure in place to remove board members,
will removing board members also fall within the scope of the community
veto that board can revert? i.e if community decides to remove its board
members, based on board's consistent reversal of community decisions "veto"
on specific issue, can that as well be over-ruled by board?

I expect such reversal should not be possible by board, and if that
expectation is accurate then maybe there should be no great cause for alarm
;-)

 ·         Is the Californian Attorney General able to intervene in ICANN's
> operations upon the complaint of a government (US or other)? How does this
> situation relate to norms of international private law internalized by the
> United States?

I am quite interested in this one as well

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*