[CCWG-ACCT] Updated CCWG-ACCT Calendar of calls

Finn Petersen FinPet at erst.dk
Fri Apr 10 09:49:53 UTC 2015

In the email below it is among other things stated that:

"The GAC Representative of Denmark has proposed in Istanbul during the ad-hoc Stress Test Breakfast, what I understand to be a total removal of ccNSO's policy making powers, in favor of governments deciding.  Using the words "Out with the Old" he stated that the RFCs must be done away with.  I am not clear whether this is the position of the Representative, his government or the GAC, but when read together with the above, this is not acceptable to me."

Let me in short repeat the essence of what I said.

When there is national legislation giving a public authority the power to redelegate/transfer an ccTLD after a due process, then the IANA function has to follow the instruction from that authority and implement the redelegation.

If there is a complaint or challenge concerning the national decision, it must be dealt with within the national appeal/court system - not through an ICANN appeal mechanism or reconsideration mechanism.

And it is correct that I mentioned that RFC1591 should be deleted or amended to be in line with the reality of today - or as it was stated very much to the point, "Out with the Old"!

Best,

Finn

Kind regards

Finn Petersen