[CCWG-ACCT] CWG input to our group

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Mon Apr 13 15:23:53 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

As you may know, the CWG has started today an intense work period of 2
days. You will find the notes of the 1st session below. Thomas and I
were invited to provide an update on the CCWG.

You will also note that the CWG puts emphasis on their expectations
towards our work. We can expect a consolidation of these requirements to
be sent to us shortly after their 2 days of work.

For illustration purposes, the first session already addressed :
- budget requirement
> *Statement for CCWG*: We support the idea of budget veto tool, and we
> need CCWG to deliver on this. Budget should include itemization of all
> IANA operations costs to project level and below as needed.
- ccTLD delegation appeals
> *Statement for CCWG*: For ccTLDs, the CCWG should be mindful of the
> DT-B survey results and recommendations that ccTLDs may decide to
> develop their own appeals mechanism regarding re/delegation at a later
> date (it is not required as part of the transition proposal).
- also mention of a periodic review of IANA performance
> These reviews would be similar to the AOC reviews.

Best
Mathieu