[CCWG-ACCT] Quality of our proposal will suffer from this pace that leaves no time for consideration and meaningful evaluation

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Tue Apr 14 14:44:29 UTC 2015

It is important to remember that the transition does not happen until we are done.  That is the order of events.  Not the other way around.  We are not rushing to meet someone else's deadline because the transition cannot occur until we've got consensus and approval of the changes that must be made before it can occur.  Sometimes we forget that we are the driving force in this timeline.  Sometimes we think that we must rush to meet these dates, but that isn't how this process has actually been set up.   I agree we need to continue to work quickly, but not because there is a limited window in the next 2 weeks to come up a proposal, but because we have a window in the next 4-6 months, and we should take that time to get it right.

Thanks,
Robin