[CCWG-ACCT] community powers comparison: designator & membership model - what powers can we create and how to enforce them?

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Tue Apr 14 18:35:37 UTC 2015

Hello Team,

What we need to do is take a hard look at both the membership model and the designator model and understand what rights can be created and how will they be enforced.  Once we understand what we *can* do, we need to look at the pros/cons of the different models and evaluate accordingly.

But first, we need to understand what *can* be done so we can discuss *if* we ought to do it and what is the best means.

So I've taken a first pass of each of the 6 community empowerment goals and created a comparison table to lay-out what rights can be created and how they can be enforced.  I've combed through all the 200+ pages of legal memos, today's CCWG call, and calls of the legal sub-team to compile this info into one table so the models can begin to be evaluated side-by-side.

The doc is attached and also here is a link to the table comparing the 2 models:
  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kkkRBpMUkTpD5_RP_Ogo1PTGzGt2kC6f1xooHfJXRBc/edit?usp=sharing

I am hopeful it can begin to help us to wrap our minds around what our goals are and how they could be accomplished by the two models at play.

Thanks,
Robin