[CCWG-ACCT] Further Objection to the Methodology

Adebunmi AKINBO akinbo.adebunmi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:11:11 UTC 2015

+1 Lisse, Otieno.
-Akinbo.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am in agreement with Dr. Lisse,i think the issues he raises are of
> fundamental importance and should be looked at in detail as we move
> forwad. It  is better to get it right than as opposed to just focusing
> on a deliverable.
>
> Regards
>
> On 4/15/15, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:
> > Dear Co-Chairs Thomas and Matheiu,
> >
> > Can you please explain to you Co-Chair that the very point was that
> > I need time to study the document and that I objected and still
> > object against dealing with this in a cursory manner.
> >
> > However, since he asked, I'll write under correction, that I don't
> > think ccTLDs can be (in) a member organization unless all 253 bind
> > themselves to this.
> >
> > I have asked NUMEROUS times, to no avail, that we find out what the
> > legal foundation of the USG's claim to the root/IANA function is.
> > And we need to establish how this relates to each ccTLD. We may not
> > be able to do this for all 253 (or how many they are) but there are
> > a few broad categories we can classify them in.
> >
> > For example (and just off the cuff and decidedly incomplete)
> >
> > Before RFC1951 (1994)
> > before ICANN
> > During ICANN
> > IDN ccTLDs
> >
> > But, again, I object to being put under pressure of dealing with a
> > complex matter and document in a superficial manner.
> >
> > greetings, el
> >

> > On 2015-04-15 04:16 , León Felipe Sánchez Ambía wrote:
> >> Dear Eberhard,
> >>
> >> Thanks for your comments.
> >>
> >> Which content issues did you identify in the document?  I will be
> >> happy to discuss and take back to the legal sub-team and the
> >> lawyers.
> >>

> >> Best regards,
> >>

> >> León

> (cell)

> > --
> > Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse  \        / Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Saar)
> > el at lisse.NA            / *     |   Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)
> > PO Box 8421             \     /
> > Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/

> --
> Barrack O. Otieno
> +254721325277
> +254-20-2498789
> Skype: barrack.otieno
> http://www.otienobarrack.me.ke/

*Evang. Akinbo A. A. Cornerstone, Nigeria.*
+2348064464545, +2348089118151 | 2BAC511D.
www.akinbo.ng

*Member, Executive Board of Directors*,
Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA)
www.nira.org.ng  | akinbo at nira.org.ng <akinbo at yips.org.ng>
@niraworks

*Acting Chief Operating Officer,*
DNS Africa Magazine
www.dnsafrica.org  | akinbo at dnsafrica.org
@dnsafrica

*National Convener,*
Nigerian Youth Coalition on Internet Governance (NG-YCIG)
www.ycig.org.ng <http://www.nira.org.ng/>

*President,*
Young Internet Professionals (YiPS)
www.yips.gnbo.com.ng <http://wwwyips.org.ng/> | akinbo at yips.org.ng

*The RedHub.*
12, Afonka Odebunmi Street, Lagos State.
http://www.theredhub.org/

*National Focal Point ( Nigeria ) 2009-2011.*
Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (a program of TakingITGlobal)
www.youthaidscoalition.org                  www.takingitglobal.com
www.iaids.org
About me: http://profiles.tigweb.org/pscornerstone