[CCWG-ACCT] work plan and next steps

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Fri Apr 17 04:06:54 UTC 2015

Thank you Thomas and the co-chairs.

I support and respect the thinking behind this proposal, which I understand
involves:

- no new content being developed by Working Parties after Friday 17th
midnight UTC

- staff or co-chairs compiling the Draft Public Comment Report content from
all the WPs and from the staff work done so far

- this consolidated document being circulated on Monday

- this consolidated document along with any other documents circulated
BEFORE the Freeze being the main items for our calls next week including
the intensive period

- the unpleasant but necessary "intensive" series of calls on Thursday and
Friday next week.

I can confirm that WP1 is on track to have its content finalised for CCWG
review by Friday midnight.

thanks
Jordan

On 17 April 2015 at 04:56, Thomas Rickert <thomas at rickert.net> wrote:

> All,
> this is to respond briefly to concerns that have been raised and questions
> that were asked on the mailing list.
>
> We had suggested during the last call that we would adjust our approach to
> make it easier for the group to work and contribute to our discussion by
>
> - installing a freeze period during which no updates to documents would be
> made to give the group time to go through and digest papers that have been
> produced so far
>
> - compiling an interim version of the report as well as an inventory of
> all documents in one place to make it easier to find all of the latest
> documents
>
> and
>
> - holding two intense work days (following the example of the CWG, which
> has conducted such intense two work days already twice.
>
> We intend to follow this approach as discussed during the call on Tuesday
> (see Notes and transcript here :
> https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52895728).
>
> We would like to keep the momentum and work on preliminary recommendations
> so that the group get the opportunity to have an informed discussion during
> the intense work days.
>
> Later, we should conduct the public comment period together with executing
> an engagement plan. As some of you have mentioned, we need to get this
> right.
>
> Even if our group reaches consensus, we need to ensure that there
> community consensus on our recommendations. This is why - in our view - it
> is imperative that we present what we have to the community and get
> feedback from the community whether we are on the right track or whether we
> need to adjust. Getting such input and also the community's feedback on
> potential legal implementation models is one aspect of our efforts to be as
> inclusive as possible.
>
> We will provide you with further information shortly.
>
> Kind regards,
> León, Mathieu and Thomas

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *