[CCWG-ACCT] Note re AoC commitments between WP1 and WP2

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Fri Apr 17 21:02:37 UTC 2015

Hi all

Becky and I have just spoken as WP2 and 1 rapporteurs about the location in
the comment document of updates to the Core Values of ICANN that would take
into account the commitments ICANN made in the Affirmation of Commitments.

Both Working Parties have been doing some of this work. Becky's group in
WP2 has done a more thorough re-write of the principles and values; WP1
colleagues tabulated the AoC commitments and proposed wording.

Since Becky's editing work and rethinking is more advanced, this is how
we'll deal with it for the purposes of the document freeze:

- Becky will review our WP1 v4 content and incorporate any insights into
the final proposal she makes for the "Freeze" - this is in the "Fundamental
Commitments and Core Values" Section of WP2 work

- I will move our table about these commitments out of the body of our WP1
content, and lodge it as an appendix. This is so the text is all there, and
when we do our meetings next week, everyone can cross-check Becky's
incorporation job against what WP1 had done.

When we discuss it in the full CCWG, it will be likely that Becky will lead
that discussion, but I anticipate that Matthew, Avri, Steve, Fiona et al
who did that translation work in WP1 will be key contributors to that
discussion.

Thanks everyone. Good luck with the sprints.

cheers
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *