[CCWG-ACCT] Co-chair / rapporteur prep and debrief calls

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Tue Apr 21 17:56:47 UTC 2015

Thanks for getting back on this request, Mathieu.  However, given the great importance of our work and the pace at which we are working, it is best to be as transparent to the outside world as possible.  Therefore I would not be satisfied with only summaries of the discussions.  We need the actual transcripts / recordings on these discussions to fully understand the pressures we are working under the concerns that are taking precedence in our agenda and timeline settings.    Any parts of a conversation that truly need to be "off the record" for legitimate, documented purposes can be - just as they are in the legal sub-team mtg by stopping the recording at those times.  But we say on the record "we are stopping the recording now" which is important for transparency.  So I think these high-level discussions deserve at least the same level of transparency that go into the main and sub-team (including legal sub-team) discussions on our work.   A heightened level of transparency can only increase the legitimacy of our work, and we are the "accountability" group, so if we won't be transparent in our discussions, how can we ask anyone else to?

Thanks,
Robin