[CCWG-ACCT] member organization and single membership structure

Roelof Meijer Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl
Wed Apr 22 12:26:00 UTC 2015

From: Roelof Meijer <roelof.meijer at sidn.nl<mailto:roelof.meijer at sidn.nl>>
Date: woensdag 22 april 2015 14:16
To: Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr<mailto:mathieu.weill at afnic.fr>>, "accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org>" <accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org>>, Thomas Rickert <rickert at anwaelte.de<mailto:rickert at anwaelte.de>>, León Felipe Sánchez Ambía <leonfelipe at sanchez.mx<mailto:leonfelipe at sanchez.mx>>
Subject: member organization and single membership structure

Dear co-chairs, all,

Two points:

1)
I stopped my participation in  yesterday night’s (my time) CCWG call somewhere halfway agenda item “5. Legal advice”. Mainly because I think we’re wasting so much precious time with the discussion on and comparison of two models, of which one should have been written off sometime back.
My earlier emails copied below should provide more information on my rationale, but should also serve as formal input into the process.

2)
What I find quite frustrating is that I have raised the point of the possibility (or not) of a single membership structure – an option mentioned by Sidley and Adler & Colving in their legal advice – several times by now without getting any substantial reaction. I am not aware that any serious effort to investigate this has led to a formal write-off.
So, co-chairs: what is happening here or what have I missed?

Best,

Roelof