[CCWG-ACCT] member organization and single membership structure

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Apr 22 13:47:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

Further, there may be real benefit in defining the ICANN Community as a
legal entity in that it would give SOAC  a separate visibility as the
entity that ICANN corporate is accountable to.

The more I think about it, the appealing it seems.

>From the ATRT perspective, we would need to explore whether it would
require any modification to the AOC- bylaw import.  Partly this would
depend on what sort of internal structure the ICANN SOAC entity adopted
and what powers it held.

avri

On 22-Apr-15 09:09, Avri Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22-Apr-15 08:26, Roelof Meijer wrote:
>> 2)
>> What I find quite frustrating is that I have raised the point of the
>> possibility (or not) of a single membership structure – an option
>> mentioned by Sidley and Adler & Colving in their legal advice –
>> several times by now without getting any substantial reaction. I am
>> not aware that any serious effort to investigate this has led to a
>> formal write-off.
>
> In some way that might lessen the complexity of making most SOAC an
> individual legal entity.
>
> How would it work?  Would we continue to appoint Directors just as we
> do now?
>
> Or would there need to be some sort of Members Council that took
> actions, working simliarly to the the executive board or community
> council idea?
>
> thanks
>
> avri

> Avast logo <http://www.avast.com/>