[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT Meeting #30 - 28 April

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Wed Apr 29 10:03:23 UTC 2015

Dear Co-Chairs,

any you seriously consider sending out a document, so complex that
even the drafters and staff have difficulties without, a consensus
call?

I repeat my objection against sending out the corrected version so
late that depending on time zone and workload only minutes were
available to even look at this thing.  In my case 35 minutes.

The sheer arrogance to state in the call that some might not have
even received at all because of size and lateness but you would go
ahead anyway is unprecedented.

Just to make sure, this is absolutely not directed against staff,
who I feel are abused by this, in fact.

I again, and since you ignore me anyway, strenuously, object against
the rushing and am really starting to wonder about the motivation
behind it.

And, I again object for the record, putting it out for Comment
without Consensus Call and hence without opportunity for minority
viewpoint being attached.

And before you repeat the argument these viewpoints can of course be
made as (public) comment, but besides being obviously in violation
of the Charter, this is obviously not the same, the document will be
downloaded, printed, circulated, reviewed and whatnot and hence,
minority viewpoints *MUST* be attached, if any.

I would even have objection against something like adding a note to
it stating that consensus has not been achieved or called for, which
would be misleading, because you do have formal objection and there
is a minority viewpoint.

But then, what do we care about Bylaws, Charter, IDRP rules, due
process and procedure...

And for good measure I object to the call on Thursday 2015-04-30
05:00 UTC.

el

On 2015-04-29 10:24, Brenda Brewer wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> The notes, recordings and transcripts for the *CCWG ACCT* *Meeting #30 -
> 228 April * will be available
> here: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52896619
> <https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52896619%20>
>

> A copy of the notes and action items may be found below.
>

> Thank you.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Brenda
>

> NOTES & ACTION ITEMS:
>

> *Action*: staff to add glossary to the report
>
> *Action*: staff to restructure the report, moving sections 1-5 to
> appendix and re-format for public comment
>
> *Action*: Staff to have report numbered in a way to enable
> identifying text by line/paragraph
>
> *Action*: legal sub-team, provide draft to the legal advisors
>
> *Action*: number questions throughout the document
>
> *Action*: two additional points to be included in 6.1.1.1 (i) to
> explain group's reasoning
>
> *Action*: staff to add this comparison chart to the report
>
> *Action*: Alan, Cheryl, Avri (+Staff?)  come up with language
> about the "same basis as the existing NomCom"
>

> /These high-level notes are designed to help you navigate through
> content of the call and do not substitute in any way the
> transcript./
>
> 1.  Welcome, roll-call & SoI
>
> Alice Munyua , Jim Baskin and Becky Burr, on the phone.
>
> We will review the changes made the draft report, to be submitted
> for public comment soon
>
> Reviewed the comments gathered during our past sessions.  Today we
> will review feedback and the comments incorporated.
>
> First sections of the document: definition and scoping document,
> the inventory gathered from community.
>
> Circulated only a few hours ago.  See URL for the draft report at
> the top of this notes page
>
> 2.  Discussion of changes to the draft report following the
> intense work days
>
> Robin's edit "remains accountable" -> is accountable, Izumi's
> request to have the requests from the CWG highlighted.
>
> To make the document more readable will move sections 1-5 to the
> appendix and being with and executive summary then current chapter
> 6
>
> This change will be reflected in the next version of the document.
> Introduction of glossary.
>
> *Action*: staff to add glossary to the report
>
> Sense of support for the issue of moving the chapters to the
> appendix
>
> *Action*: staff to restructure the report, moving sections 1-5 to
> appendix and re-format for public comment
>

> Concern that new text has been added to section 4, and this has
> not been discussed with the group.  Noted that the text we there
> for the frozen document used during the intense workdays last
> week.
>
> Suggestion to have the sections numbered - this will be done as
> well as as explanatory sections and working with XPLANE of
> graphical representation,

> [...]
[...]
PO Box 8421             \     /
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/