[CCWG-ACCT] Variety of formulation for Human Rights bylaw that were made. - corrected

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Aug 1 08:42:36 UTC 2015

with corrections

Hi,

I am sure I missed some, but the ones I found going through the email
while doing some prep work earlier today.
Please let me know of any formulation I missed.

        Doria 1

Work to ensure that ICANN respects human right obligations within its
mission, accounts for impact on human rights in policy creation, and
adheres to the "Respect, Protect and Remedy" framework developed by the UN.

        Curry 1

Work to ensure that ICANN respects human rights within its mission and
accounts for the impact on human rights in its policy creation, policy
implementation, review and assessment.

        Doria 2

In order to enure that openness of the Internet within ICANN's mission
may be maintained, human rights impact assessments will be done on
ICANN policies [as appropriate]

        Doria 3

ICANN will be committed to respect fundamental human rights in its
operations

        Drazek 1

Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will be committed to
respect the fundamental human rights of the exercise of free expression
and the free flow of information.

        Arasteh 1

(I know there is one but i can't find the text.)
Supports Lisse 1

        Shatan 1

Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will be committed to
respect internationally recognized fundamental human rights

        Drazek as amended by Lisse

Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will respect fundamental
human rights, in particular the exercise of free expression, free flow
of information and due process

        Lisse 1

ICANN will respect fundamental human rights

        Doria 4 (with offlist help)

Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will be committed to
respect the fundamental human rights as enshrined in the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).

---