[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: Sub-group on ICANN Accountability and Fundamental Rights

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Aug 3 12:06:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

Oh, I did ask to join.  I think I may have even been the first to ask.

But since my main point is that I beleive we need for the commitment
"respecting human rights" to be in bylaws as a value in WS1, I think I
am less concerned with the actual wording than many.  Most of my offered
rewordings had to do with trying to meet what I perceived as other
people's concerns, not so much my own.  I know that the commitment in
WS1 is just the first step and that the hard work of understanding all
that this will mean is an evolving  task that will begin in earnest with
the work in WS2.

So as I got off the plane, I felt that if the Fates* had conspired to
help me avoid getting involved in another subgroup as a volunteer, I
wasn't going to fight it.  Just willing, going with the flow.

avri

* I put a lot of faith in the Fates, especially when sitting on an airplane.