[CCWG-ACCT] ICANN comment re gTLD Directory Services and the ICANN Bylaws

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Tue Aug 18 12:13:12 UTC 2015

Thanks for the context & clarification, Steve.

And I generally support the sentiment behind this position, which reminded
of the numerous policies and contract provisions requiring Registrars to
confirm/validate registrant ID and actions via email.  At a time when the
industry is innovating new ways to communicate with its customers (mobile,
social, apps, etc.) it is unwise to handcuff the future to contemporary
technologies, and their associated shortcomings.  WHOIS is no exception.

Thanks‹

J.

On 8/17/15, 22:37 , "accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org on
behalf of Steve Crocker" <accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org