[CCWG-ACCT] Question to Co-Chairs - Report sections needing editing

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 18 05:56:47 UTC 2015

As I have reviewed the report as part of the ALAC's process at
drafting its comment, there are some areas where a section lacks
clarity (csuch as the questions I just posed on the budget), and some
where all we really need is either editing or minor content changes.

These do not (in my mind, warrant being raised in the Public Comment,
but also need to be captured and addressed.

Two cases in point - Paragraph 415, bullet 2, sub-bullet 2:

- This largely refers to actions that will be taken by the
"participating" SO/ACs. But the leading sentence about notification
really should apply yo ALL SO/ACs, since thay are all supposed to be
involved in the discussion.

- The sentence fragment "calling for all SOs and ACs that have the
right to appoint Directors to select one (or two, depending on their
allocation) directors to notify by the close of the Discussion Period
of the person[s] it has selected to serve on an Interim Board (for
only so long as necessary until a replacement election could be held)
should a vote in favor of recall of the entire Board occur, such
notice to include a signed statement from the candidate(s) of their
willingness to serve and any other information that the Bylaws
require Board candidates to provide prior to election." runs on FAR
too long and really needs to be broken down into understandable
sections. I had a hard time understanding it in English. I shudder to
think about how it has been translated into other languages.

How should we address such things?

Alan