[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT Meeting #49 - 18 August

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Tue Aug 18 20:42:21 UTC 2015

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the CCWG ACCT meeting #49 - 18 August will be available
here:  https://community.icann.org/x/0Y9CAw

A copy of the notes and action items may be found below.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Brenda

Action Items

ACTION ITEM: Interested CCWG individuals to reach out to Cheryl and to send in proposed scenarios

ACTION ITEM: Leon to adjust action/timeline

ACTION ITEM: Send any inconsistencies you notice to Co-Chairs.

Notes

These high-level notes are designed to help you navigate through content of the call and do not
substitute in any way the transcript.

Update on PC tool

Feedback on PC1 is due today - 23:59 UTC. We are missing one section from respective parties.

Resilience Analysis & Community Mechanism

Objective: look at the mechanism and determine whether unintended consequences. This is in line with
blog spot from Larry Strickling. This is different from Stress Tests. It has done great work in
thinking through scenarios. There has been a lot of thinking when analyzing PC1 report.

---

Feedback:

- We should not overemphasize issues. We should avoid  marginalizing governments.

--> It would be worth engaging in assessment that not destabilizing ICANN

- Notes: comments to remove stress-test 18 were not taken into consideration.

--> We have discussed this question in length on numerous occasions. There has been a wish to have
it removed but it did not get sufficient traction. ST 18 has been tagged as a requirement. Our
charter specifies that we need to follow NTIA requirements. Suggest minority statement or submitting
a public comment.

- Stress Test WP has done a good job analyzing ICANN's performance without NTIA contract but we have
not tested our solutions. This resilience exercise will be important. We will need to document that
we have tested our model.

- ICANN's Board and legal department prepared impact analysis questions. It underlines suspicion
that solution will have an impact that will need to be mitigated.

---

Comments were made that not seen new system up and running and no one would have way to see how it
functions. We should be forward-thinking and go through day-to-day scenarios.

This project fits under work area 4. Members of ST party are by default members of resilience group.

ACTION ITEM: Interested CCWG individuals to reach out to Cheryl and to send in proposed scenarios

------

Human Rights Work Party

On last call agreed that Nigel Roberts would lead drafting effort - i.e. high level wording on human
rights. We are continuing discussions on the list.

Proposed timeline and action plan can be adjusted as needed

W Aug 17 - finalize initial wording to begin discussing high level wording.

W Aug 24 - first call to discuss initial wording.

W Aug 31 - Continue discussion.

W Sept 7 - Finalize wording for CCWG consideration and approval on W Sept 14

Two calls per week might be needed.

 ---

Feedback:

- Are you referring to Bylaws amendments? Its agenda sets out half the task.

--> It will include the rationale and analysis by subgroup.

- Explanatory note is going into details. We should not go down that road.It should remain high
level.

- Explanatory note would be as a product of document. It is not meant to be incorporated into Bylaws

- We do not need an elaborate research of what it means since there already is broad understanding

- We need to discuss common grounds. Understanding is important.

ACTION ITEM: Leon to adjust action/timeline

A.O.B

There are inaccuracies in the CWG matrix that will need to be addressed. These will be relayed to
the CWG. The CCWG will have its own matrix when time comes.

-  There are inconsistencies in the report (e.g. approval incorrect in Fundamental Bylaws context)

ACTION ITEM: Send any inconsistencies you notice to CoChairs.

Closing Remarks

The PC1 tool will be published in 24 hours. More will be shared on Human Rights work party's work.
We will begin work on resilience analysis