[CCWG-ACCT] Third Draft Proposal

Gregory, Holly holly.gregory at sidley.com
Mon Dec 21 20:51:37 UTC 2015

Dear CCWG,  Co-Chairs and ICANN Staff,
It has been brought to our attention that our comments on the Third Draft Proposal have been misunderstood by some to indicate that we are critical of the Draft.  Our intent was simply to help to assure that the Final Proposal is the highest quality reflection of the solid efforts of the CCWG to date by pointing out where we thought some clarification would be helpful to an unfamiliar reader and to the eventual bylaw drafting effort.  We sent the comments to CCWG in the interests of transparency so that the group is aware of our suggestions for the Final Report and/or implementation phase.  We do not view our comments as suggesting any changes in policy approach.   We are sorry to hear that our comments have been taken by some to criticize the work of the CCWG, Co-Chairs and Staff.  That was in no way our intent.
Kind regards,
Holly and Rosemary

HOLLY J. GREGORY
Partner and Co-Chair
Global Corporate Governance & Executive Compensation Practice

Sidley Austin LLP
787 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
+1 212 839 5853