[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: FW: ICANN Board Comments on Third CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Thu Dec 24 08:39:04 UTC 2015

With respect Bruce that is a total misleading description of the transparency proposals that are in the CCWG’s 3rd Draft, the requirements that the CCWG have identified are based entirely on the existing California corporations code that hundreds if not thousands of non-profits both smaller and larger than ICANN adhere to on a daily basis without having a large staffing contingent to support that requirement.

Perhaps we need to have our counsel brief the board directly on our transparency requirements and the normality of them within the corporate governance of non-profits based in California to remove these fears which are not based in reality. The board also has a responsibility to educate themselves internally on the actual impact of the changes and not rely on at time outlandish interpretations of the CCWG’s work, lets all stay grounded in the reality of our proposal and work on facts and actualities and not hyperbole.

Happy holidays,

James Gannon

On 23/12/2015, 11:46 p.m., "accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org on behalf of Bruce Tonkin" <accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org on behalf of Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au> wrote: