[CCWG-ACCT] Requirements based on latest discussions

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Tue Feb 3 10:13:18 UTC 2015

Dear Kavouss, Colleagues,

Thank you for your comments and for raising additional points to consider.

I have edited the wiki document to reflect these comments.
https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Recap+of+latest+requirements+mentioned+on+the+CCWG+accountability+list

best
Mathieu

Le 30/01/2015 23:28, Kavouss Arasteh a écrit :

> Recap of latest requirements mentioned on the CCWG accountability list
>
> *Type of requirement*
>

> *Requirement or issue to be considered*
>
> Comments by Kavoouss
>

> *Work party*
>
> Decision making
>

> Footing /Weights for SO/ACs ?
>
> We need to examine the required footing. I do not see that we have
> reach any agreement on equal footing between SO/AC Include stakeholder
> groups in decision making ?
>
> Who are stakeholders ? Are we referring to SO /AC?
>

> WP1 / WP2
>
> Decision making
>

> Vote based on SO/AC internal processes
>
> We need to normalized these different internal procedure if we want to
> use it outside SO/AC
>

> WP1
>
> Decision making
>

> Based on consensus ? Supermajority ?
>
> As a General Rules, we need to look for consensus, in rare and
> exceptional cases, Voting.
>
> Supermajority has different criteris, 2/3, 374 or 4/5
>

> WP1
>
> Independence
>

> Conditions of independence with regards to the Board (not having been
> part of Board, or being barred from joining for several years)
>
> Not having been part of Board for the last v YEARS at the time of
> decision making
>

> WP1 / WP2
>
> Mediation
>

> Mediation as first step of review / redress mechanism
>
> Please specify between which entities we need mediation?
>

> WP2
>
> Mediation
>

> Designation of Ombudsman to conduct mediation
>
> Ombudsman is used in the current situation. We have not seriously
> discussed why we need an individual with such an authority
>

> WP2
>
> Membership
>

> Is it free of cost ?
>
> We need to be careful not proposing any criteria which contradict the
> inclusiveness
>

> WP1
>
> Oversight accountability
>

> Ability for the respective groups to recall their delegate or member
>
> Whart do we mean by recall?
>
> Hold a meeting, hold an assembly ?
>

> WP1
>
> Oversight Accountability
>

> Is it a paid or unpaid position ?
>
> We should be careful to make every thing no profit.
>
> Participation costs Yes , Salary , be careful of competition and
> unintended consequences
>

> WP1
>
> Scope
>

> Type(s) of Board decisions to be submitted to prior approval, or that
> could be overturned
>
> We need to be careful, on the one hand, not to put any unnessary
> obstacle for day-to-day functioning, and on the otherhand, not make
> the Board totally authoritative. Thuis we have to establish some very
> general criteria for decisions to be submitted to prior approval, or
> that could be overturned i ,

> [...]

Mathieu WEILL
AFNIC - directeur général
Tél: +33 1 39 30 83 06