[CCWG-ACCT] RES: RES: [Party1] Proposal for a Community Veto Process on Key Board Decisions via Bylaws Amendment

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Wed Feb 4 22:43:29 UTC 2015

On Feb 4, 2015, at 5:57 AM, Pedro Ivo Ferraz da Silva wrote:
> [...]
>
> Although I have serious doubts about the reasonability of such a "veto" under these conditions, I don't think it would be fair to consider a Board member "recalcitrant" just because he would exercise his legitimate right of rejecting a community decision. I believe we need to come up with a suggestion that empowers the community on concrete, effective and legal terms.

Dear Pedro,

Perhaps "recalcitrant" was not the best term to describe board members whom the stakeholders have lost confidence in, for whatever reason, and feel the need to remove or replace.

Larry Strickling's remarks at SON last week regarding the work of this CCWG: "We also encourage this group to address questions such as how to remove or replace board members should stakeholders lose confidence in them ..." at:
   http://www.ntia.doc.gov/speechtestimony/2015/remarks-assistant-secretary-strickling-state-net-conference-1272015

Best,
Robin