[CCWG-ACCT] Proposal for a Community Veto Process on Key Board Decisions via Bylaws Amendment

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 6 06:49:07 UTC 2015

I tend to agree with much of what Avri said.

Board members are selected by SOs and At-Large  to represent them,
but presumably because there is a belief that the prospective Board
member shares a common set of values with the selecting organization.
If the org comes to the beleif that they were mistaken, there is no
doubt in my mind that they should be able to undo the selection. It
will rarely if ever be used, but the possibility should ensure that
Board members stay more in touch with the organization that selected
them than is not sometimes the case. The removal needs to be
unilateral and without a public rationale or opportunity for appeal.

Removal of one or more Board members by the overall community is a
more difficult one. It should certainly require a strong consensus.
Removal of all of the Board is frought with all sorts of problems not
the least of which who acts as the interim Board until a new one is selected.

Alan