[CCWG-ACCT] Additional Document for discussion

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Tue Feb 17 09:41:42 UTC 2015

Dear Mr Arasteh,

I fully agree with your below statement, but would go a little further, in that even in a multi stakeholder environment, stakeholders have their "stakes".

Now, as example, you and I disagree on whether states have sovereignty over the corresponding ccTLDS, which we might even be able to reconcile under the 2005 GAC Principles' existing rights grandfather clause, but the concept of Significantly Interested Party ("SIP"), recently introduced by the FoI Principles is helpful.

We can all agree that individual governments most certainly are (at least) SIP concerning the corresponding ccTLD. Whatever that eventually means, and in the FoI Principles it only pertains to the selection of a ccTLD manager, either after a revocation or at (new) delegation, but not with regards to the revocation itself.

The Namibian government ("GRN") has most certainly a Significant Interest in the management of .NA (from a Public Policy perspective) but, while perhaps interested in other ccTLDs, does not have a Significant Interest in them, as its Public Policy applies only to Namibia.

The GRN may have some Significant Interest in .AFRICA, and while it may have an interest in a (hypothetical) .TEHERAN, it may not have a Significant Interest there.

Generally speaking, ALAC and/or GNSO constituents may have an interest in one or more ccTLDs but they most definitively are not SIP.

I, as most, if not all ccTLD managers, generally keep out of ALAC with the possible exception of AfrICANN (given my technical and outreach expertise I might, or not, be SIP) and out of GNSO, though I share some interests with the Registry Community, in particular technical, which would raise to the level of SIP, unless policies were developed that affected all TLD Managers crossing the two constituencies).

This must be reflected in both the Accountability but also Transition proposals.

greetings, el

--
Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini