[CCWG-ACCT] Additional Document for discussion

Burr, Becky Becky.Burr at neustar.biz
Wed Feb 18 00:35:15 UTC 2015

Actually Bruce, I think the new gTLD policy is within the Picket Fence
(naming issue that requires or is substantially benefitted by
coordination).  ICANN does not have a legal right to impose obligations on
the contracted parties related to stuff that is outside the PF. But the
lines have been muddied from time to time.  I would argue that the
stability and security review provided for in the RSEP policies is within
the PF, but the competition prong of that review is outside the PF.

J. Beckwith Burr
Neustar, Inc. / Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer
1775 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006
Office: + 1.202.533.2932  Mobile:  +1.202.352.6367  /
becky.burr at neustar.biz / www.neustar.biz