[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG list summary, Jan 30 to Feb 5

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Feb 19 09:07:59 UTC 2015

Yes- I noted this a month or so earlier I think.

The Strategy Panel on Public Responsibility Framework suggested a definition - but it is not an ICANN Board position, and has never been adopted by ICANN.

As Samantha has pointed out the ICANN strategic plan identifies that we need to work as a community to reach a consensus definition of public interest.

My personal view is that it is hard to actually define - but we can certainly provide examples of what is in the public interest.

It is a bit like defining "good behaviour" - it is best done via examples.

Regards,
Bruce