[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG list summary, Jan 30 to Feb 5

Camino.MANJON at ec.europa.eu Camino.MANJON at ec.europa.eu
Thu Feb 19 12:50:48 UTC 2015

For reference, for what concerns the Public Interest discussion (public policy objectives), the attached GAC operating principles "Dedicated to preserving the central coordinating functions of the global Internet for the public good" note in Section 3 that:

"3. ICANN’s decision making should take into account public policy objectives including, among other things:

- Secure, reliable and affordable functioning of the internet, including uninterrupted service and universal connectivity;

- the robust development of the Internet, in the interest of the public good for government, private, educational and commercial purposes, world-wide;

- Transparency and non-discriminatory practices in ICANN's role in the allocation of Internet names and addresses;

- Effective competition at all appropriate levels of activity and conditions for fair competition which will bring benefits to all categories of users including, greater choice, lower prices and better services;

- Fair information practices, including respect for personal privacy and issues of consumer concern; and

- Freedom of expression"

Regards

Camino