[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT WP2 Meeting #1 27 February

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Fri Feb 27 22:22:29 UTC 2015

Dear All,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the WP2 Meeting #1  - 27 February will be available here:
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52890535

Action

(all): Volunteer for subteams. And volunteers to lead!

Notes

WP2 Call #1 - 27 February 2015

This call is being recorded

WP2 documents can be found at:

 <https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/WP2+Draft+Documents>
https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/WP2+Draft+Documents

*        In this draft, have takem out things that belong in WP1 and focused on things that are in
our remit.

*        We are looking at mechanisms that are "triggered," not standing mechanisms

*        We have a list of principles out of Frankfurt --> no comment

*        Next, is inventory of suggestions (WA1 and WA2 product)

*        "Changes to Bylaws and Articles" as well as "Mechanism for review of Board or management in
conflict with ICANN Bylaws or Articles" could be issues for WP1 but we'll keep for now and make sure
to coordinate on work

Working Methodology

Create different groups

*        Ombudsman

Chris LaHatte

Robin Gross

Need: more volunteers

Need: leader

*        Reconsideration

Chris LaHatte

David McAuley

Robin Gross

Need: leader

*        Independent Review

Paul Rosenzweig

David McAuley

Jonathan Zuck

Robin Gross

Chris LaHatte

Need: leader

*        New Mechanisms

Robin Gross

Need: more volunteers

Need: leader

*        Standards

Robin Gross

Paul Rosenzweig

Need: leader

Volunteers are welcome to work on more than one

Ombudsman (Chris) would like to be involved with group working on Ombudsman so that
responsilibitiles and abilities of the role are clear

Concern about how standards review fits in "triggered"

Need for a standard by which to evaluate community empowerment over a Board decision

Remember that these issues are cross-cutting

--> Get the first bit of work done and then return to the cross-cutting issues

Action (all): Volunteer for subteams. And volunteer to lead!

4 more meetings between now and Istanbul

Thursday was the day that seems to accommodate most people's schedule (starting time and 8 hour
rotation until we get to IST)

Monday call is a duplicate call, so there is no need to attend if you were able to make this call