[CCWG-Accountability] Regarding how bylaw changes are made

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at fmai.org.tn
Fri Jan 2 23:36:59 UTC 2015

Paul and all,

It is perfectly possible to ask the board as you requested, but I have the following remarks:

·         The  board will not find it easy to answer our question unless they conduct a poll and reach the necessary ¾

·         And what about if the Board gives an affirmative answer to our question, and when they receive the recommendation, they don’t reach the required ¾ votes because one member changed his mind?

·         Bruce is the Board liaison, and our question to the board should go (officially) through him, and he couldn’t give an answer if he doesn’t consult with the Board. His answer has the same weight, assuming that it is just a rough idea about the Board position.

·         My opinion is that we should prepare our recommendations for all scenarios to avoid any surprise.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Phone:  + 216 41 649 605

Mobile: + 216 98 330 114