[CCWG-Accountability] High Level Statement for CWG-Stewardship

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Wed Jan 7 11:13:42 UTC 2015

Thank Grace

I am not sure what the intent of this sentence is:

/Unless the CWG-Stewardship specifies otherwise, decisions that are
directly related to IANA Functions shall be within the remit of such
mechanisms.///

Could we not delete the above and add the following on from the
priorsentence as follows (if it captures the intent of the above):

  “The CCWG-Accountability is therefore considering addressing this need
in its Work Stream 1 (WS1) /and will //keep the CWG stewardship apprised
of any potential IANA-related implications./”

Matthew

On 1/7/2015 9:40 AM, Grace Abuhamad wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Attached is the High Level Statement discussed on the call. The chairs
> plan to submit at 15:00 UTC. Please provide your comments.
>
> Best,
> Grace
>
> From: Brenda Brewer <brenda.brewer at icann.org
> <mailto:brenda.brewer at icann.org>>
> Date: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:24 PM
> To: Accountability Cross Community
> <accountability-cross-community at icann.org
> <mailto:accountability-cross-community at icann.org>>
> Subject: [CCWG-Accountability] CCWG ACCT call details 06 Jan 12:00 UTC
>
> Dear all,
>
> The notes and Adobe Connect recordings and transcript (soon) for the
> CCWG ACCT Call on 06 January are available here:
> https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=51414985
>
> ·*Action Item: Co-Chairs
> will recap WS1 and WS2 items on mailing list and review for approval at next meeting***
>
> *·**Action Item: Colleagues to provide comments on the list in response to the document.  Proposed edits are welcome.  Goal to develop a common view on
> *
>
> *scoping.  Will be an agenda item for the next call and the Frankfurt meeting.  Public interest issues, ccTLD concerns and other issues to be identified.*
>
> ·*Action Item: The statement will be published on the CCWG list for further comment.*
>
> The next call is on *Tuesday, 13 January 2015 **at 06:00 UTC**. *
>
> Best,
>
> Brenda

Matthew Shears
Director - Global Internet Policy and Human Rights
Center for Democracy & Technology (CDT)
mshears at cdt.org
+ 44 771 247 2987