[CCWG-Accountability] judicial/arbitral function

Adam Peake adam.peake at icann.org
Sun Jan 11 13:34:40 UTC 2015

Hi All,

In addition to the report Avri mentions below (available here
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/owt-report-final-2007-en.pdf>,
One World Trust also produced a report in February 2014 that may be helpful
to our work "ICANN Accountability and Transparency Metrics and Benchmarks"
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/benchmarks-consultancy-28feb14-
en.pdf>

The report covers, among other topics, an introduction to accountability
principles used by 4 international initiatives: The Global Accountability
Framework II (One World Trust); Code of Ethics for NGOs (World Association
of NGOs); INGO Accountability Charter (INGO Charter Company); The 2010 HAP
Standard in Accountability and Quality Management (Humanitarian
Accountability Partnership).

And a comparison of ICANN's accountability practices with three other
somewhat similar organizations:  World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO),
Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) and the International Organisation for
Standardization (ISO).

As yet this work hasn't been widely discussed.  Staff can provide more
information if that would be helpful.

Best,

Adam