[CCWG-Accountability] Regarding Non-profit and public-benefit legal structure

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at fmai.org.tn
Mon Jan 12 10:51:03 UTC 2015

Dear all,

If we read the articles of incorporation
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/articles-2012-02-25-en>
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/articles-2012-02-25-en , we can find
that: "This Corporation is a non-profit public benefit corporation and is
not organized for the private gain of any person..".

Acting for the public interest should then be clearly mentioned as one of
the purposes of the ICANN accountability. I understand the fears from
different interpretations of the public interest, but we may use detailed
and exhaustive explanation with useful examples to define the public
interest.

----

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director