[CCWG-Accountability] Scripts communities as current (and future) stakeholders/interested-parties

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Mon Jan 19 14:04:37 UTC 2015

Colleagues,

During today's call we discussed the table summary and whether IDN ccTLD
managers would be better listed separately, and how to incorporate
future users -- the latter question Eberhard Lisse was "volunteered" to
offer text to address.

I would like to point out that scripts communities are affected by
ICANN's policies regarding IDNs, both those which have access to the
IANA root zone as country code, and possibly contractual delegations,
and those for which neither country code or contractual delegations
currently exist.

I suggest adding the following to the table:

Stakeholder    Aff by Contract     Aff by Decision     Aff by Policy Comment
Languages               X X                        X
Through allowed scripts and allowed characters

Thanks in advance,
Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon