[CCWG-ACCT] Membership thoughts

Adebunmi AKINBO akinbo.adebunmi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 16:17:16 UTC 2015

I guess EL is 8.
-Akinbo.

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 2:47 PM, "Carlos Raúl G." <crg at isoc-cr.org> wrote:

> How old are you?
>
> Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
> +506 8837 7176 (New Number)
> Enviado desde mi iPhone
>
> > El ene 23, 2015, a las 11:36 PM, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na>
> escribió:
> >
> > Just to state this early, over my dead boy will the Regional
> Organizations of the ccNSO have anything to do or say in this.
> >
> > I would not mind every (cc)TLD Manager.
> >
> > el
> >
> > Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini
> >
> >> On Jan 24, 2015, at 01:32, Bruce Tonkin <
> Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello Greg,

> "alter ego" organizations (perhaps corporations, perhaps some other form of
> organized entity), roughly along the lines of the NRO/ASO relationship (the
> ASO is an ICANN internal structure, while the NRO is not, yet they are
> essentially "alter egos").  Thus, each SO and AC could create an entity
> independent of ICANN, but answerable to that SO and AC.  The external
> entities could then be members of ICANN.
> >>
> >> My understanding also is that to be "members"  the organizations would
> need to be legal entities.   In a few of the examples given in this
> thread,  the "coordinating" organizations are not yet established as legal
> entities.
> >>
> >> For example, the Number Resource Organization ( https://www.nro.net/)
> is a coordinating body for the 5 Regional Internet Registries (RIRs).
>  These five RIRs are legal entities - so it may make more sense for them to
> be the "members" of ICANN.
> >>
> >> My understanding is that groups like the Registrar constituency, and
> the registrar stakeholder group (http://www.icannregistrars.org/ ) are
> deliberately not established as legal entities, or as trade associations.
>   They are coordinating groups - but any legal agreements etc are always
> between individual registrars as legal entities and ICANN.      Recently a
> domain name industry association was established - I assume this is a legal
> entity (http://www.thedna.org/ ).
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Bruce Tonkin

*Evang. Akinbo A. A. Cornerstone, Nigeria.*
+2348064464545, +2348089118151 | 2BAC511D.
www.akinbo.ng

*Member, Executive Board of Directors*,
Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA)
www.nira.org.ng  | akinbo at nira.org.ng <akinbo at yips.org.ng>
@niraworks

*Acting Chief Operating Officer,*
DNS Africa Magazine
www.dnsafrica.org  | akinbo at dnsafrica.org
@dnsafrica

*National Convener,*
Nigerian Youth Coalition on Internet Governance (NG-YCIG)
www.ycig.org.ng <http://www.nira.org.ng/>

*President,*
Young Internet Professionals (YiPS)
www.yips.gnbo.com.ng <http://wwwyips.org.ng/> | akinbo at yips.org.ng

*The RedHub.*
12, Afonka Odebunmi Street, Lagos State.
http://www.theredhub.org/

*National Focal Point ( Nigeria ) 2009-2011.*
Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (a program of TakingITGlobal)
www.youthaidscoalition.org                  www.takingitglobal.com
www.iaids.org
About me: http://profiles.tigweb.org/pscornerstone