[CCWG-ACCT] got some lawyerly answers on membership structure

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Tue Jan 27 19:02:47 UTC 2015

All,

I would not like to see the Board's duty as stewards of the public trust
-- exercising reasonable care, inquisitive,  ... the strictest standard
of duty of care in American law -- reduced to the pursuit of quarterly
profits maximization prevalent in for-profit Boards.
> ICANN’s Board of Directors would become accountable to the community,
> in much the same way that the Boards of publicly-traded companies are
> ultimately accountable to their shareholders.

I suggest our standards are, by initial design, higher than the likeness
proposed.

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon