[CCWG-ACCT] got some lawyerly answers on membership structure

Roelof Meijer Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl
Wed Jan 28 13:58:36 UTC 2015

Part of my „pitch” last week in Frankfurt, I fully agree, Keith

Cheers,

Roelof

From: <Drazek>, Keith Drazek <kdrazek at verisign.com<mailto:kdrazek at verisign.com>>
Date: woensdag 28 januari 2015 02:32
To: Rudolph Daniel <rudi.daniel at gmail.com<mailto:rudi.daniel at gmail.com>>
Cc: Accountability Cross Community <accountability-cross-community at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community at icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [CCWG-ACCT] got some lawyerly answers on membership structure

Hi Rudolph,

In this context, ICANN's "shareholders" or "members" would be the elected or appointed Chairs of the existing ICANN community's bottom-up, consensus-based, multi-stakeholder structures. If those Chairs aren't ethical, then they could and should be replaced by their respective groups. I believe this would give us a built-in and permanent accountability loop rooted in the multi-stakeholder system, which is precisely what NTIA has asked for.

Regards,
Keith

Sent from my iPhone