[CCWG-ACCT] Accountability Relevant Items in the US Senate

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Fri Jan 30 20:35:44 UTC 2015

Thanks Paul, interesting.

I was struck by one of the things Thune said:

"I've been working with Senator Marco Rubio to hold the administration accountable to its promises and to urge ICANN to implement accountability reforms as part of the IANA transition process."

IMO, its seems clear that ICANN will be very well served by agreeing to reasonable measures that ensure actual post-transition accountability on issues of both substance and process.

I am glad that Bruce is our board liaison.

David