[CCWG-ACCT] WP3 - Call for Volunteers

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Wed Jul 1 19:11:44 UTC 2015

Dear Co-Chairs,

you might want to pint out to Tijani that he may be mistaken on the
one hand, the chairmanship is the worst I have encountered in many,
many years.

I have never, ever in any ICANN related meeting heard a chair
interrupt a speaker because of the content of the contribution and
in the last two meetings it happened at least 4 times.

IT. CAN. NOT. BE. DONE!

That in a "working meeting" the co-chairs unilaterally decide to
have a (two minute) limit for the members' contributions and even
without informing anyone of these rule in advance is also
unprecedented.

That a number of individuals besides me feel it is necessary to
mention this is beyond shocking.

I of course have expressed this in BA and before but then you
obviously ignore anything that doesn't fit into your view of things.

I have said long ago that we, the plenum (of the appointed members)
should agree on some form of rules of order BEFORE deliberating, by
which then everybody will abide.

On the other hand he may be right in saying that you are smart and
too committed, in other words maybe it is intentional after all.

greetings, el

On 2015-07-01 19:38 , Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:
> I feel that you are not happy with the chairmanship of our
> co-chairs.
>

> Let me confess that I am too happy with and proud of them.  They
> give the floor to all those who ask for it and let them speak even
> if they repeat the same thing and/or speak for long time.
>
> Besides, after each session, when we go to do our own things, they
> work hard and come to the next session with new
> ideas/approaches/proposals.  They are very smart and too
> committed.

> *Tijani BEN JEMAA*
>
> Executive Director
>
> Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations (*FMAI*)
>
> Phone:  + 216 41 649 605
>
> Mobile: + 216 98 330 114
>
> Fax:       + 216 70 853 376

[...]