[CCWG-ACCT] member organization and single membership structure

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Wed Jul 8 23:25:29 UTC 2015

On 09/07/2015 00:09, Avri Doria wrote:
> To go further.
>
> There have been attempts to get ICANN in ATRT and other recommendations,
> as a Multistakeholder organization, to become transparent by default.
> These changes are still pending, though approved

This is sounding like a common pattern: that recommendations were made
by ATRT, agreed, but "still pending".

It rather saps one's faith that ATRT is an effective mechanism at all.

> We do not need membership for this, just a commitment to fulfill the
> recommendations for full transparency that ICANN has received from
> almost every review it has had of accountability and transparency.

You say you have had this commitment already, and yet it is "still
pending".

Why would you think yet another such commitment would make any
difference this time?

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929