[CCWG-ACCT] member organization and single membership structure

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Thu Jul 9 16:53:11 UTC 2015

I have read that now.

The question that does not appear to have been not answer, or even asked
in that Membe, seems to be:

"Does a Unincorporated Association have Limited Liability?  More
specifically, in what cirumstances may the members or offices of the UA
be held responsible for the debts, money judgments or other pecuniary
liabilities of the UA if the UA does not have the resources to pay them."

I think the answer to this has already been given, earlier, and by
construing those clauses, it seems thams that officers and members have
unlimited personal liability if the Association cannot pay.

(If I am wrong in that conclusion, please provide the section number of
the relevant statute that confers Limited Liability protection on
members and officers)