[CCWG-ACCT] Accountability Statement [with apologies for x-posting]

David Post david.g.post at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 19:40:47 UTC 2015

To all:

A couple of weeks ago we hosted a roundtable discussion at the OTI
office in Washington DC among a number of the tech policy/advocacy
groups, to see whether there was some common ground or consensus
among us about the accountability mechanisms that we believe need to
be included in any final transition proposal.  The attached is a
draft of what such a statement might look like.  I hasten to point
out that it has NOT been vetted yet by any of the
institutions/organizations we would hope might be involved in such a
project, so that at this point it doesn't represent anyone's views by
my own -- but I think it at least indicates the direction in which
our discussions are moving, and I thought this might be a useful time
to inject it into the ongoing CCWG discussions.

David

David G Post - Senior Fellow, Open Technology Institute/New America Foundation
blog (Volokh Conspiracy) http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/david-post
book (Jefferson's Moose)  http://tinyurl.com/c327w2n
music http://tinyurl.com/davidpostmusic  publications
etc.  http://www.davidpost.com