[CCWG-ACCT] Two blog posts (key acct'y issues for Paris, what's at stake)

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Wed Jul 15 09:02:07 UTC 2015

Hi folks

I hope those who have to travel are well on their way to Paris. I've
started, so only 27 hours to go...

I've just written with an update on the state of play on the IANA
Stewardship transition and ICANN accountability debates. The post tries to
look at what's at stake in these discussions and I've tried to make it as
readable as possible.

The post is here: <
https://internetnz.nz/blog/icann-accountability-iana-stewardship-whats-stake

For my organisation as the steward for .nz this stuff matters in a
practical sense, not just as a contribution to good governance of the
Internet at a global level. If ICANN breaks, the integrity of our ccTLD
itself faces risks.

I've also done a companion post that looks at three of the critical
questions or issues facing the Accountability working group at its meeting
at the end of this week. I've also offered our InternetNZ perspective on
these topics. They are:

* how strong the accountability measures in ICANN should be;
* what the right role for governments might be;
* what topics have to be dealt with before the IANA stewardship transition.

That post is here: <
https://internetnz.nz/blog/three-key-issues-icanns-accountability-working-group

Happy reading and look forward to any feedback, corrections, arguments,
etc, that ensue.

See many of you in Paris!

cheers,
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *