[CCWG-ACCT] Agenda for Paris

Kieren McCarthy kieren at kierenmccarthy.com
Wed Jul 15 17:14:19 UTC 2015

I agree re: IRP, especially given the timely nature of the recent .Africa
decision.

As you are probably aware, significant portions of the final "independent"
report were redacted.

I got hold of the unredacted version and it shows that ICANN staff
systematically removed all mentions of the fact that it drafted a letter
for the AUC that it then accepted as evidence of sufficient support to sign
a contract with AUC's chosen applicant.

In other words, completely failed to act "neutrally and objectively with
integrity and fairness".

I find it all the more remarkable that these redactions happened last week,
in the middle of this accountability process.

Full story: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/15/icann_dot_africa_review/

Kieren