[CCWG-ACCT] Staff accountability

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 17 12:39:40 UTC 2015

This is a perfectly legitimate and normal Ombudsman role...it would only require a slightly expanded mandate, powers, and resources. in my view, coming from a country with independent Officers of Parliament who perform the roles of Auditor General, information Commissioner, Privacy Commissioner, Elections oversight etc. This would be a normal choice. In our provinces, it is not unusual for the Ombudsman to wear a number of hats, and it seems to work well. ICANN introduces a heavy dose of competition into the mix, but anyone who has done dispute resolution knows that is always present.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.