[CCWG-ACCT] Concept of some form of "independent" member

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Fri Jul 17 12:58:49 UTC 2015

Well, I've looked at the sections of California Law that we have been
referred to.

I see nothin in the California law that contradicts what I wrote below,
with the single exception that, as previously noted, California statute
adds the gloss of a limited version of limited liability to the
common-law concept of unincorporated associations.

Do you not agree that the reality is that a California UA does NOT have
legal personality but DOES have a form of limited liability granted by
statute?