[CCWG-ACCT] "Community Mechanism as Sole Member Model" (CMSM)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 13:48:24 UTC 2015

Dear all,

So far so good the "Community Mechanism as Sole Member Model" (CMSM) is
looking to be an interesting personal preference for me and this is mainly
because its been assured (by legal) that the SO/AC would have entire
control on what the CMSM reps will be doing without any formality of the
SO/AC themselves. As the meeting resume in a few minutes to further
consider this model, i do hope some principles would be established for
this model. A few points comes to mind:

- Each SO/AC should be represented in CMSM by a maximum of *one* person to
ensure balance in the likelihood of voting and avoid capture(to some
extent).
- Adequate time is provided to ensure CMSM does not act unilaterally. This
could mean allowing specific period of time between when CMSM communicates
its view and when the action will get executed so that respective SO/AC can
object if the CMSM's view is inconsistent.
- The representative of CMSM be tied to the chairs of the various SO/AC so
there won't be signification increased cost of CMSM participation
- CSMS does not/should not have reason to refuse to act on the view of the
community
- Respective SO/AC should have the ability to remove their rep individually

That said, i like to thank staff for the remote support so far. However i
like to say here that participation for some of us with low bandwidth is
still quite challenging. Inview of this, i suggest that staff start looking
at how to get the "chat only" version of the AC available. This will allow
people like me rely on the audio dailout and follow/contribute directly to
the discussions via chat.

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*