[CCWG-ACCT] Individual ICANN Board Members removal requirements

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 14:37:32 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm not Seun, but it's clear to me that for appointments, it is (a) and
> not (b).  In other words, the CMSM is a pure pass-through of SO/AC board
> appointments, and has no capacity to debate or vote on a particular SO/AC's
> appointments.

Correct! and by such CMSM pass through, the SO/AC is indirectly agreeing
that the particular board member will act in the interest of CMSM (the
organisation/community) and so the removal process should require
confirmation from CMSM that the board indeed violated such community
interest (as defined in the bylaw)

I think its important we note that no single SO/AC will have a right to
legally appoint/remove post-transition.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*