[CCWG-ACCT] Individual ICANN Board Members removal requirements

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 16:06:37 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Part of the community is saying removal of board members should be
>> questioned by CMSM before CMSM exercises such power, while other part of
>> the community are saying CMSM should not question such move from respective
>> SO/ACs
>

> For a member or members appointed by a particular SO/AC, the SO/AC will
> have the right to remove that member without any questioning or
> interference from other SO/ACs (or the CMSM as a whole.  I don't think I
> heard any significant support for questioning or interference by other
> SO/ACs (or the CMSM as a whole) in this scenario.

Okay thanks for selecting the last item (which means you agree with the
first 3 items?). Well it depends on what you mean by significant
(especially since you have a different opinion). I heard and i am part of
those who suggested that SO/AC individual removal of its board should not
be solely done by the SO/AC but in consultation with other SO/ACs  i.e the
SO/AC can trigger a removal process but *must* carry out a consultation
process beyond its community.

> This is distinct from the issue of "Total (board) Recall."

I did not say anything about Total (board) Recall which is quite clear, so
i guess this is mute.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*