[CCWG-ACCT] [CWG-Stewardship] Fwd: Meeting CWG requirements for IANA Budget - pls comment

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Mon Jul 27 10:26:32 UTC 2015

Hi Kavouss,

I think there are two separate things:

1. The process for defining the budget:  it might be challenged by the community (inflated costs, not providing resources for necessary improvements, whatever).  I would hope that PTI would set its budget with clear community (operational) support, so this should be unlikely.

2.  As I said in an earlier post, "The IANA budget line – essentially funding that goes from ICANN to the IANA functions operator (the PTI subsidiary in the first case ...).  There is an obligation on ICANN to fund this."  At this point I'd say the veto is on the ICANN budget.

Does that answer your concern?

Martin

Sent from my iPhone