[CCWG-ACCT] way forward and minority statements

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Wed Jul 29 19:41:53 UTC 2015

I would suggest that the Chairs should reconsider the deadline for
submission of minority statements. A deadline 15 hours from the presumed
end of document review and reconsideration ( the second call on Thursday)
is unreasonable by any measure of fairness. If production deadlines and /
or the dates of the public comment must be slightly shifted to accommodate
the fair provision of minority views, that is a far more appropriate
response to the deadline problem than squeezing those who wish to present
alternate views to the public for consideration. Most of us are volunteers,
with day jobs, family responsibilities and the need to sleep. If the Chairs
are adamant about this deadline I would ask that the Ombudsman weigh in on
the issue of fairness. I should note that I have no intention of filing a
minority statement - I am aware of others, however, who wish to do so but
would be precluded by what I certainly believe is an inadequate allowance
of time for them to do so.

 Respectfully,

 Edward Morrisd