[CCWG-ACCT] Minority Reports

Chris LaHatte chris.lahatte at icann.org
Thu Jul 30 00:05:08 UTC 2015

As I see it, one of the important results of this debate is that we try to
achieve consensus. It is also apparent that there is considerable interest in
filing minority reports. But the deadline for doing so appears to be very
tight, and I am not sure of the rationale for doing so. There is always a need
for an appropriate amount of time to properly draft a dissenting report. In my
view it would be unfortunate if those who wish to file minority reports were
excluded by a timetable which prohibited proper consideration. I raise this as
an issue of fairness, and wonder if it is possible to extend this out a little
further.

Regards

Chris LaHatte

Ombudsman

Blog  https://omblog.icann.org/

Webpage http://www.icann.org/en/help/ombudsman

Confidentiality

All matters brought before the Ombudsman shall be treated as confidential.
The Ombudsman shall also take all reasonable steps necessary to preserve the
privacy of, and to avoid harm to, those parties not involved in the complaint
being investigated by the Ombudsman.The Ombudsman shall only make inquiries
about, or advise staff or Board members of the existence and identity of, a
complainant in order to further the resolution of the complaint.  The
Ombudsman shall take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that if staff
and Board members are made aware of the existence and identity of a
complainant, they agree to maintain the confidential nature of such
information, except as necessary to further the resolution of a complaint